Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lovin' a Place

Just as easy as you can love a person, emotion, type of food, activity, thought or an idea I think you can also love a place. I’ve come to love this place I currently call home. I am amazed by this beautiful city called San Diego. Sometimes I feel like I’m on a permanent vacation. Since I’ve been in a season of rest and waiting as I’ve been unemployed I’ve been able to explore San Diego. For that I am always very grateful!

One of my favorite places that I truly love is Sunset Cliffs. I live literally less than 2 miles from this incredible place. It’s where the West Coast meets the Pacific Ocean resulting in dramatic cliffs, seaside wild flowers, a surfer’s playground, private/hidden beaches and one of the most serene and beautiful places to watch the sunset. The name says it all I guess. I’ve felt like this place has been a haven of sorts for me. I’ve spent countless days wogging (walking/jogging) along the coast here, reading a book while soaking in the sun, praying, listening for revelation and guidance in my life and people watching. I think most people go there to think, journal/write, find serenity, solve world peace (hopefully), find themselves, find God or just gain perspective on the beauty of creation.

This place has captured my soul.
What places have captured yours?
Where do you feel alive or free?




I hope you have found places like this in your life.
If not, please try to get outside and explore this wonderful world.

1 comment:

  1. .. Ohhhhh.. sunset cliffs how you have been such a blessing in my life! ..

    great post miss emily!

    ReplyDelete